Listed below are some fun wombat links. For more scientific wombat links, see the Wombat Reference Page.
For in depth information and pictures about Australia's wild wombats, including the Common wombat, the Southern hairy nosed wombat, and the Northern hairy nosed wombat, see Wombania's Wombat Information Center.
Womland A great site by a true wombat lover who has photographed real wombats in a dozen different zoos. Hundreds of pictures and some videos. Site is in Japanese and English, with new English pages being added regularly. Features Chewbacca and Crump. Click on the "English" link from the home page. It's well worth the trip to Womland, especially if you haven't visited in a while.
Fourth Crossing Wildlife Lots of information about wombats and other native Australian animals. Has many photos and stories about native animals, and how to care for rescued animals until they can be taken to a licensed carer. Includes My Wombat Tici, a brief essay of raising a common wombat (with a sad ending).
The Wombat Foundation A charitable organization dedicated to help save the critically endangered Northern Hairy-nosed wombat. Website has information and pictures of the Northern Hairy-nosed wombat, as well as information on some of the efforts being undertaken to study and breed them.
Wombats SA A non-profit organization whose goal is to raise public awareness of conservation and preservation of indigenous Australian flora and fauna through the maintenance and re-establishment of natural ecosystems and wiser land use. The Society maintains four privately owned reserves which are managed on a voluntary basis.
Wombadilliac was the website by John & Donna who raised orphaned Australian wombats and released them back into the wild. Unfortunately the website is no longer available.
- Wombat Protection Society of Australia A non profit organisation formed to raise money to fund projects that will protect wombats and their habitat. Website includes information about wombats, how to help an injured wombat, and bulletins about the society's progress.
- Save Our Wonderful Wombats A website designed to educate everyone about the Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat and its threats. Also has activities for kids, and a great resource for teachers.
- World Wide Wombat Web One of the best listings of other wombat sites.
- Baby wombat born in 2017 in the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.
- Tour of Tasmania Wombats Brief wombat info, plus a wombat video.
- Northern Hairy-nosed Wombat Article from the Australian government.
- How the Wombat got a Flat Forehead An aboriginal tale told secondhand, by W. J. Thomas (1923).
- Wally the Wombat Page on the Northern hairy nosed wombat.
- Wombat Articles from Jackie French, the Australian author.
- Northern Hairy Nosed Wombat Report Frenchville State School.
- Wombats A personal page by Freida van Staden.
- The Adventures of Mister Wombat Interesting site. Mister Wombat claims to be the "world's most travelled wombat" which may be accurate, however Binky has rockets and travels quite a bit, too (though he hasn't yet made it to the moon. Or has he?).
More in-depth wombat links can be found on the Wombat Information Center's Wombat Reference Page.